ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Edwin Castro <0ptikGh...@gmx.us>
Subject Re: latest.integration is not resolving to the latest revision
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2013 16:42:08 GMT
On 8/27/13 2:29 AM, Mark Thornton wrote:
> Just that, what gets printed to the console.
>

> On Monday, 26 August 2013, Edwin Castro <0ptikGhost@gmx.us> wrote:
>
>> On 8/24/13 4:42 AM, Mark Thornton wrote:
>>> Also check the log from ivy.
>> What do you mean by "log from ivy"?
>>
>> I was unaware of any "log" information other than what gets printed to
>> the console when it runs via Ant.

Thanks. The console output wasn't helping me much other than telling me
the specific revision getting resolved but not why. :-(

I was able to figure out my problem by inspecting the published ivy.xml
files in the respository. I was previously unaware that dynamic
revisions are resolved during the deliver phase so that the revisions in
the published ivy.xml are fixed.

A --> B --> C --> D

I was trying to build module A which has transitive dependency for
module B using rev="latest.integration" and so on down the dependency
chain. For some reason, module D was rebuilt and published but module C
was not rebuilt (not an issue with ivy, I suspect some odd queue symptom
in Jenkins). Thus whenever module A got all its dependencies it picked
up a fixed revision of D which was not new enough. All I needed to do
was rebuild/publish module C which correctly triggered module B to
rebuild/publish and so on.

--
Edwin G. Castro