ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kirby Files <kfi...@masergy.com>
Subject Re: ivy:install
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 16:32:34 GMT
Jonathan_Oulds@McAfee.com wrote on 08/02/2013 12:08 PM:
> So I use the build configuration to pull the libs configuration
> from the latest version of the myorg#bar module.  This works fine
> for building the module.  However, sometimes I want to develop my
> module while sitting on a plane with no access to my corporate Ivy
> repository, the solution use ivy:install to create an "offline"
> repository on my laptop before I leave the office.  However
> ivy:install does not want to pull dependencies for the private
> "build" configuration which means the myorg#bar module is not
> installed.  Is there any way around this other than change all my
> private configurations to public?

I cannot see why ivy:install should pull private dependencies, even in
this case. I am not familiar enough with the internals of the
transitive resolution used by ivy:install to know how hard it would be
to hack such a knob, but it would seem counter to any expectations.

Really, the convention in both ivy and maven is that build
configurations are public. You want to declare the required
dependencies for building the project. I would use private
configurations for optional tests, IvyDE-specific subsets, or perhaps
various documentation-generation tasks.

BTW, what is the implication of the "mapped" attribute of the conf
element? I don't see that in the 2.3 documentation.

Thanks,
---
Kirby Files
Software Architect