ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy without XML?
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 15:34:34 GMT
I think this is the documentaiton you're looking for: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/standalone.html
This documents how to call the various tasks with out using Ant and the Ivy Ant tasks. However,
you'll need XML files for such things as the ivy.xml file and the ivysettings.xml file anyway.
This is just how Ivy reads and  understands its data. You don't need the Ivy Ant tasks, and
an Ant build.xml file, but if you delve into the source code, you'll probably see it needs
its settings files in XML format.

You can look at the source at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/core/tags/2.3.0/, and
see the source of the ant tasks at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/core/tags/2.3.0/src/java/org/apache/ivy/ant/.
Maybe that might be able to help you too.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Sure, call me crazy. They called Eddie Antar crazy too, but
look at these low, low prices on all of these famous name brand appliances.