ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From mike mills <>
Subject Using IVY resolve to hydrate internal dev repo and avoid http proxy
Date Tue, 16 Jul 2013 22:23:31 GMT

I have a  problem where we would want to use a repository such as
Artifactory or Nexus but it is not convenient to get a separate proxy
username/password for internal tools.

Typically a developer would add their credentials to the tools to allow the
tool to pass through the proxy as them. As this is against the IT policy I
was wondering if we could use Ivy to populate the internal repo.

My idea is as follows:

1, developer initiates their ant/ivy build.

2, Ivy tries to download the artifact from the internal repo but it is not

3, Ivy tries the next resolver and downloads the artifact using the proxy
configuration on the developers box from the internet.

4, ivy automatically pushes the artifact to the internal repository.

In this case, no usernames/passwords are stored on a central dev server
(avoiding IT policy issues), and the internal repository is kept up to date
with all the relevant new dependencies.

I was thinking this would look something like the following in your
settings file:

      <ibiblio name="public" m2compatible="true" root="http://INTERNAL_REPO/
      <repoWrapper name="default" args="DETAILS FOR UPLOADING TO INTERNAL
        <ibiblio name="public" m2compatible="true" root="

so you first go to your internal repo, if not resolved it goes to the
external repo, then the wrapper will find that you have resolved an
artifact and deploy that jar to the internal repo.

Is there anyway to achieve this without creating my own resolver?

Kind regards,