ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jason R-J <jason_...@reast.net>
Subject Re: deliver overwriting the source ivy.xml
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 08:52:29 GMT
On 29/04/2013 17:10, Carsten.Pfeiffer@gebit.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to prevent the <deliver> (<publish>) task from overwriting
> the source ivy.xml file?
>
> I have a bunch of project directories like this
>
> projectx
>    - src
>    - dist
>    - ivy.xml
>
> Now when I publish these projects, the original ivy.xml is being
> overwritten with the resolved version:
> [ivy:publish]   delivering ivy file to
> /home/carsten/projects/projectx/ivy.xml
>
> How can I keep my original version untouched and let Ivy deliver somewhere
> else? Or do I have to copy the ivy.xml
> to a temporary location (i.e. dist directory) and let it deliver/publish
> from there?
>
> Thanks
> Carsten

I think you have two options:
1) Do an explicit <deliver> and give <publish> the srcivypattern to find
the delivered/resolved Ivy file.

         <!-- ship a copy of our resolved file -->
         <ivy:deliver deliverpattern="${distDir}/ivy.xml"
pubrevision="${buildVersionNo}" pubbranch="${BranchName}"
status="integration"/>

2) According to the documentation[1] provide <publish> with a
srcivypattern and it will use that for that for the implicit deliver -
assuming you've already called <resolve> prior to that.

[1] http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/2.2.0/use/publish.html

Hope that helps.

Jason