ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Noël Rouvignac <jean-noel.rouvig...@forgerock.com>
Subject Replace transitive dependency specific version with another version
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:21:51 GMT
Hello,

I have a little problem with Ivy for which I have not been able to find a
solution.
it all comes from the fact I can only use java 6 compatible jars, yet some
of the jars down below have different compatibilities.

grizzly 2.3-rc6 (java 6 compatible) depends on javax.servlet-api 3.1-b05
(not java 6 compatible), so I want to use javax.servlet-api 3.1-b02 (java 6
compatible) to circumvent the compatibility issues.
Despite numerous attempts, I have not been able to make this happen.

I have tried to use global excludes, dependency excludes, matcher, version
matchers, but Ivy  always manages to download the wrong version of
javax.servlet-api.

I have used the attached files to reproduce this problem.
Does anybody have an idea on how I can modify the files to make it work the
way I want?

Many thanks,
Jean-Noel