ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Hans Lund <...@multi-support.com>
Subject Re: ivy:publish on ivy-2.3.0
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:03:11 GMT
Hey Jayson

I did find your issue, and speculated that it could be related. The symptom however is a bit
different.
In our case we depend on junit latest.revision in a test configuration - but have junit as
transitive dependency for junit 3.8.2 within the compile dependencies. Resolve and retrieve
fetches junit 4 ( which we depend on in our tests) but in the published ivy our direct test
dependency on junit replaces the latest.revision with 3.8.2 and not the required junit 4+
dependency.

/Hans Lund

On 15/03/2013, at 15.49, "Jason R-J" <jason_ivy@reast.net> wrote:

> On 15/03/2013 13:43, Hans Lund wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> After upgrading from ivy-2.2.0 to ivy-2.3.0 I'm running into problems with ivy:publish.
>>
>> The problem is that after the upgrade, the revisions in the published ivy.xml no
longer is the same as the ones resolved.
>> Of cause this only happens in conjunction with conflict resolving (and perhaps only
when using latest strategies) not really tested that.
>> The effect is that  trying to compile the published artifact source artifact can't
compile, using the published ivy - but can using my source ivy.