ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jason R-J <jason_...@reast.net>
Subject Variables not resolved in parent ivy file.
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2013 13:28:54 GMT
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a parent Ivy file, which is include via an <extends> in the child
file. In the parent file there is a dependency with a variable
branch="${BranchName}"

This variable is passed in from the ant command line
-DBranchName=FooBranch but this fails to resolve the variable. If I put
the dependency directly in the child file it works otherwise I get this
on my console:

[ivy:resolve]
[ivy:resolve] :: problems summary ::
[ivy:resolve] :::: WARNINGS
[ivy:resolve]           module not found:
com.something#MySchemaBeans#$(BranchName);latest.integration

If I put the variable in an IvySettings file and set it via a <property>
it works (as this is how I do it for IvyDE) but I can't do this on our
build server as easily.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason