ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Carsten.Pfeif...@gebit.de
Subject order of dependencies undefined when using retrieve task?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:45:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Ivy 2.3.0 and noticed that the depencencies specified in an
ivy.xml are not the same
as those in the path that I get using <ivy:retrieve
pathid="my.classpath"/>

You can see this yourself by putting the attached files into a directory
and calling ant. I would expect
javax.servlet-api.jar to be the first entry in the resulting classpath,
however it is only somewhere
in the middle of the classpath.

This is especially a problem here because the second dependency provides
org.mortbay.jetty/servlet-api-2.5.jar
which contains the same packages as javax.servlet-api, but in a different
version.

I can fix this specific problem by adding an <exclude> for
org.mortbay.jetty here, but I'd expect the dependencies
order to be respected. This might otherwise lead to unexpected runtime
errors.

Thanks
Carsten