ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From marcdb <mdeb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: buildlist and properties in ivy files
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:38:05 GMT

We are using buildlist a lot in our buildsystem. We are using it for
bottom-up and for top-down builds.

For our own (home-made) software modules, the ivy-files we have under
version control do not contain any branch or revision information in the
<info> section. And in the dependencies section of these (checked-in)
ivy)-files, the dependencies to other home-made modules always have
rev="latest.integration" (no specific branch or revision number).
In our ant-buildfiles, <buildlist> uses these checked-in ivy-files to
determine the appropriate build sequence of our modules.

The trick is that after a home-made module is built, its ivy-file is
published to our repository with the correct  ivy.branch and revision
number.
And when resolving the dependencies ivy uses the repositories (and not the
files in our version control system) to find its dependencies with the
appropriate branch and revision number.

Regards,
Marc