ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Ed Staub <edward.st...@ericsson.com>
Subject How to use snapshots(changingPattern) with ivy-published artifacts and Artifactory?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 15:39:58 GMT

I've tried using an UrlResolver and an IBiblioResolver, and I cannot get
snapshots to work properly.  We don't use Maven at all.  We are using
Artifactory as a repository.  Here is a resolver:

<url name="xxx" m2compatible="false" checkmodified="true"
changingMatcher="regexp"
     changingPattern=".*-SNAPSHOT.*">

I've tried a variety of other settings, as well.

A detailed Ant log of a "resolve" shows things like:
[NOT REQUIRED] com.myorg#my-module;1.999-SNAPSHOT!my-jar.jar

I have verified that the returned HTTP headers have correct date-modified,
and that the cache files are not updated.

Perhaps this only works correctly with Maven metadata?
If so, is there a way to get Ivy to publish Maven metadata?  (I looked and
don't see any.)
I have read https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-938 and
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-1221, including all the comments,
and AFAICT (perhaps incorrectly!) none of the workarounds are relevant.  On
the other hand, I don't see that either of these issues indicate that it is
broken in my scenario.

A related question: if we switch to use "latest" dynamic versioning, will
the same problem(s) pertain?

Any bigger-picture advice will be welcome.