ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IllegalStateException: impossible to get artifacts when data has not been loaded
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 21:56:31 GMT
Lee,

we could give it a try to find the problem starting from your debug log output, but I can't
guarantee it will be enough.
I was able to fix previous similar bug reports only after debugging the Ivy resolve code very
intensively. That's why a reproducible testcase would be very helpfull.

Maarten




________________________________
 From: Lee Breisacher <LBreisacher@rocketsoftware.com>
To: "ivy-user@ant.apache.org" <ivy-user@ant.apache.org>; Maarten Coene <maarten_coene@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 12:09 AM
Subject: RE: IllegalStateException: impossible to get artifacts when data has not been loaded
 
Hm. If I include the full verbose+debug log output, will that help you identify the cause
of the problem? Or at least point me at the dependencies to try re-arranging?  If not, perhaps
some additional logging could be inserted into the ivy resolver code? 

I have also been seeing this "impossible to get artifacts..." error in my eclipse (with IvyDE)
workspace, which is quite a problem because dependent artifacts are not being retrieved. Again,
I tried a completely clean ivy cache but it did not fix it. What did fix it was reverting
to an older ivy cache that I had saved from several weeks ago.  It seems clear there's a
real ivy bug here somewhere. Perhaps additional debug logging would help identify it?

Thanks,

Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: Maarten Coene [mailto:maarten_coene@yahoo.com] 
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:01 PM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: IllegalStateException: impossible to get artifacts when data has not been loaded

You could create a JIRA issue for this, but without a reproducible test case chances are very
low we will be able to fix this.
Instead of removing some dependencies you can also try to change the order of the dependencies
in your ivy.xml file. This sometimes solves the problem as well.

Maarten



________________________________
From: Lee Breisacher <LBreisacher@rocketsoftware.com>
To: "ivy-user@ant.apache.org" <ivy-user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:17 AM
Subject: IllegalStateException: impossible to get artifacts when data has not been loaded

I'm getting "IllegalStateException: impossible to get artifacts when data has not been loaded"
during an ivy:resolve. Here's the stack trace:

[ivy:resolve] :: problems summary ::
[ivy:resolve] :::: ERRORS
[ivy:resolve]   impossible to get artifacts when data has not been loaded. IvyNode = junit#junit;4.9
[ivy:resolve] [ivy:resolve] :: USE VERBOSE OR DEBUG MESSAGE LEVEL FOR MORE DETAILS

BUILD FAILED
C:\SVNWork\Transidiom\trunk\LDE-trunk\Java\Build\build.xml:1820: impossible to resolve dependencies:
        java.lang.IllegalStateException: impossible to get artifacts when data has not
been loaded. IvyNode = junit#junit;4.9
        at org.apache.ivy.core.resolve.IvyNode.getArtifacts(IvyNode.java:809)
        at org.apache.ivy.core.resolve.IvyNode.getSelectedArtifacts(IvyNode.java:786)
        at org.apache.ivy.core.report.ResolveReport.setDependencies(ResolveReport.java:235)
        at org.apache.ivy.core.resolve.ResolveEngine.resolve(ResolveEngine.java:235)
        at org.apache.ivy.core.resolve.ResolveEngine.resolve(ResolveEngine.java:195)
        at org.apache.ivy.Ivy.resolve(Ivy.java:507)
        at org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyResolve.doExecute(IvyResolve.java:326)
        at org.apache.ivy.ant.IvyTask.execute(IvyTask.java:277)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.execute(UnknownElement.java:291)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.dispatch.DispatchUtils.execute(DispatchUtils.java:106)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.perform(Task.java:348)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java:392)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:413)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1399)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1368)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.helper.DefaultExecutor.executeTargets(DefaultExecutor.java:41)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1251)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java:811)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.startAnt(Main.java:217)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:280)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:109)

I'm using ant 1.8.4, ivy 2.3.0 (also happens with 2.2.0), and java 1.6.0_38. I tried emptying
the ivy cache.

I can post my ivy.xml, but (1) it is quite large, (2) ivysettings.xml points to an in-house
copy of Artifactory, so you probably won't be able to reproduce it. What I'm really looking
for is suggestions for how to work around this. Through some trial and error (and staring
at -verbose output), I was able to eliminate the error by removing a few dependencies. But
these are dependencies I need!

Thanks,

Lee
Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message