ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David Weintraub <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy in C/C++ environment
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 17:06:55 GMT
Ivy is built for Java and its jars. By default, Ivy uses the Maven worldwide repository system
to search for jars. It also is built for Ant integration.

However, you could emulate this structure if you use your own Maven/Ivy style repository such
as Nexus or Artifactory. You'll have to figure out a naming convention thats similar to Ivy's
and Maven's (organisation/groupID, name/artifactId, revision/version), and disconnect your
Nexus/Artifactory repository from the rest of the world since if the artifact isn't in your
repository, you don't want to look in the Maven worldwide repository system.

You could also build `build.xml` files for Ant just to download the needed library objects
(*.dll, *.o, *.so, , *.a, etc.) using <ivy:resolve>. There will be some work involved,
but I've seen people do this.

However, there might be better tools. For example, BuildBoost: http://www.boost.org/boost-build2/index.html.
I never used it, but I've heard it talked about as a Maven for C++ projects.