ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Marcel Overdijk <>
Subject RE: Ivy in C/C++ environment
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 07:59:58 GMT

As we are also looking for alternatives that are a better fit, we are also
considering Gradle.
Gradle also has an experimental C++ plugin:
Something like this in theory it would mean you can use Gradle for both
dependency resolving and building.

I also found a couple of Maven plugins for C/C++ which might also be

Sillence, Martin (GE Oil &amp; Gas) wrote:
>> Ivy is built for Java and its jars. By default, Ivy uses the Maven
> worldwide
>> repository system to search for jars. It also is built for Ant
> integration.
>> However, there might be better tools. For example, BuildBoost:
>> I never used it, but
> I've
>> heard it talked about as a Maven for C++ projects.
> I think build boost sounds good as a build tool but I don't think it
> addresses centralised dependencies and dependency resolution.
> I'm interested in centralised dependencies, I'd be interested if there
> are alternatives that are a better fit.
> Regards,

Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message