ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Csaba Galyó <gcsa...@gmail.com>
Subject Ivy plugin slows down Eclipse
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:47:20 GMT
Hello,

In our project we use Ivy and the Ivy plugin for Eclipse. The project
is rather large and is made out of ~15 separate subprojects, but they
are all interdependent.

What happens now is that when I open a Java or text file anywhere,
type space or anything at all, and then press Save, I have to wait
sometimes up to a minute, and sometimes half an hour (and sometimes
Eclipse just runs out of memory and crashes). This is obviously not
acceptable for development, so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas
what may be wrong, or any tips how to improve performance.

The projects are interdependent, as I said. However, at one time I
would be working on only one project. Perhaps the problem would be
solved if I closed all the other projects, but if I do that then the
dependencies will be broken and the other 14 projects won't build. I
used to work with Maven and I remember that it worked just fine when I
closed a related project. This is probably because there was a local
repository that was independent of Eclipse, so that the JAR files
could be referenced even without Eclipse running. For some reason, Ivy
seems to depend on Eclipse for providing the dependencies, and the
dependencies stop working when one or more projects are closed.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Csaba