ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Much <tho...@snailshell.de>
Subject Ivy and <jar-file> in persistence.xml
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:21:06 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for an easy solution to the following problem (if It's possible at all):

I have a project (say "MyJPAEntities") with several JPA entities which I commit to Nexus via
Ivy. It gets versioned as - say - myjpaentities-1.0.jar.

Now a second project uses this jar which is retrieved with Ivy.

If I want to use the entities from the entity project within the second project, I need to
reference the jar file name in persistence.xml:

  <jar-file>myjpaentities-1.0.jar</jar-file>

This works fine, except that I have to alter persistence.xml every time a new version of my
entity project is committed to Nexus... (which is not safe/stable enough if someone else has
to maintain the second project).

Two questions:

1) Is there an easy way to change the naming scheme for one specific jar *on retrieve*? That
is, I'd like to retrieve all jars with their version number, except my entity project, which
I'd like to retrieve with the base name without version number ("myjpaentities.jar").

2) Or, if that's not possible, is it possible to retrieve just the *name* of an artifact (and
not the jar itself)? This way, I could filter/change persistence.xml automatically in my Ant
script.

Sorry if this is an old topic, but I could find neither a similar question nor any solution.

Thanks,
Thomas