ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Wolfgang Frank" <W.Fr...@intershop.de>
Subject RE: Ivy Lock files and concurrent resolves
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 08:24:09 GMT
Hi Kevin,

I guess the first error is related to:
I found this problem in our CI environment, when parsing in one VM
multiple Ivy files at the same time. Should be solved in current ivy
source.

The second problem I only was faced with, when my java process crashed,
as you describe it.

Perhabs this helps

Regards

Wolfgang

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Formsma [mailto:kevin.formsma@leanlogistics.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 26. September 2012 14:14
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Ivy Lock files and concurrent resolves

Hello!

I have a large complex build that I'm using Ivy to resolve dependencies
for. Within a single build, there are concurrent ivy resolves taking
place in separate modules due to the use of Ant's Parallel task. I've
updated my cache to use the 'artifact-lock' strategy and I've also
disabled the memory cache:

<caches default="lockingcache">
    <cache name="lockingcache" lockStrategy="artifact-lock"
memorySize="0"/> </caches>

I'm running into errors still when these resolves occur at the same
time. I've seen two different errors:

1. java.lang.RuntimeException: problem during retrieve of
organization#module: java.text.ParseException: failed to parse report:
.ivy2/cache/xxxx-xxxx-provided.xml: For input string: ""
2. "impossible to acquire lock for XXXX" occurs because the .lck file
doesn't get cleaned up. I'm not sure how to reproduce this every time,
but it usually happens due to error #1. Manually deleting the lock file
cleans this up. I'm thinking that since I'm running multiple resolves at
once, if one of them fails due to #1, the others get killed by ant in
leaving some lock files around.

Any ideas on what to try? I don't believe I need separate resolution
caches, because I'm not resolving the same module at the same time. It
doesn't happen every build, but seems to be intermittent.

Thanks!
-Kevin

Kevin Formsma
Java Architect

LeanLogistics, Inc.
1351 S. Waverly Rd.
Holland, MI 49423
Office: 616-796-7441
Fax: 616-738-6462
kevin.formsma@leanlogistics.com

Visit us at http://www.LEANLOGISTICS.com

Confidentiality Notice: This email may contain privileged and
confidential information and is intended for use by the party(s) to
which it is addressed. If you have received this message in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it
from your computer.