ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Fong <ryan.f...@workday.com>
Subject IvyDE 2.2.0.beta1 & Ant environment varaibles
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:32:54 GMT
G¹day, mates.  Our team has Ivy integrated with our Ant build files.  While
investigating Eclipse Juno w/ the IvyDE 2.2.0.beta1 plugin I discovered that
IvyDE has trouble resolving the environment variables that are dynamically
provided by Ant.  For example, ${my.build.dir} and ${ant.project.name} vary
for each of the projects we have.

Although we can provide paths to hardcoded properties files to the plugin,
it would require a customized file per project.  Additionally,
${my.build.dir} is used by a FileSystemResolver which requires an absolute
path which is different on each developer¹s system.

I¹d appreciate suggestions on how to get IvyDE working in this environment,
preferably without modifying the ivy.xml files.  Is this a limitation of the
plugin?  Thanks!

--------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ivy-module version="2.0">
    <info organisation="${ivy.organisation}" module="${ant.project.name}"/>

    <configurations>
        <include
file="${my.build.dir}/common/default-ivy-configurations.xml"/>
-------