ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Eyad Ebrahim <tya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE 2.2.0.beta1 & Ant environment varaibles
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 22:34:30 GMT
In IvyDE you could import a property file.
So instead of wanting to use the properties of ant build.xml file, you
could create a some_property.properties:
1) ant build.xml uses <loadproperties file .... /> to include this file.
2) Use IvyDE settings section to include this same file [in the property
files section]

HOWEVER,
In case of your two properties (I will consider each one, since they are
inherently different):
1)  ant.project.name: I hard coded it, but you don't need to do that. The
approach I suggested up there would solve the problem. [of course I'm
considering it for your ivy.xml example you provided]
2) my.build.dir: I had the same thing and build.dir is a different
repository from all other repositories (but they point to the my.build.dir
as an environment variable):
   - If you don't mind setting this variable to each project, then put it
in the .properties file and use the previous approach.
   - if you want to use one variable for all projects, make sure to use
<property environment="env" /> [not properties] in the ivysettings.xml
before you could use this variable inside your ivy.xml files.

I know I'm having some stupid details, but maybe you could adapt this to
your case.

All the best,
Eyad

P.S. I had to do a special trick for Jenkins to see the my.build.dir (which
is not an environment variable)