ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mitch Gitman <mgit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy Settings Conditionally Use an Environment Variable?
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2012 15:08:29 GMT
Nicolas is reminding me of some context I left out of my original answer.
Certainly, Ivy settings should be reusable in IvyDE or the equivalent
plugins for other IDEs. Certainly, Ivy settings should be able to stand on
their own independent of "the build."

For this, I've found that it's best to extract these properties into
properties files that can be commonly used between the build and the IDE.
See Ivy->Settings under IvyDE preferences. I think maybe my greatest
reticence about putting property definitions in Ivy settings XML is that
inevitably you find this pure configuration being scattered about and
becoming difficult to maintain. Better to put it in common files that can
be pulled in selectively depending on environment and reused.

As with so many of these things, I'm expressing a preference, not a mandate.