ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Formsma <kevin.form...@leanlogistics.com>
Subject Concurrent Resolve Failures
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:37:26 GMT
Hello!

I have a large complex build that I’m using Ivy to resolve dependencies for. Within a single
build, there are concurrent ivy resolves taking place in separate modules due to the use of
Ant’s Parallel task. I’ve updated my cache to use the ‘artifact-lock’ strategy and
I’ve also disabled the memory cache:

<caches default="lockingcache">
    <cache name="lockingcache" lockStrategy="artifact-lock" memorySize="0"/>
</caches>

I’m running into errors still when these resolves occur at the same time. I’ve seen two
different errors:

1. java.lang.RuntimeException: problem during retrieve of organization#module: java.text.ParseException:
failed to parse report: .ivy2/cache/xxxx-xxxx-provided.xml: For input string: ""
2. “impossible to acquire lock for XXXX” occurs because the .lck file doesn’t get cleaned
up. I’m not sure how to reproduce this, but it may be a bad state due to error #1. Manually
deleting the lock file cleans this up.

Any ideas on what to try? I don’t believe I need separate resolution caches, because I’m
not resolving the same module at the same time. It doesn’t happen every build, but seems
to be intermittent.

Thanks!
-Kevin

Kevin Formsma
Java Architect

LeanLogistics, Inc.
1351 S. Waverly Rd.
Holland, MI 49423
Office: 616-796-7441
Fax: 616-738-6462
kevin.formsma@leanlogistics.com

Connect with LeanLogistics
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/LeanLogisticsInc>     Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/LeanLogistics>
    LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/leanlogistics>     YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/leanlogisticsinc>

Visit us at http://www.LEANLOGISTICS.com<http://www.leanlogistics.com>

Confidentiality Notice: This email may contain privileged and confidential information and
is intended for use by the party(s) to which it is addressed. If you have received this message
in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.