ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to resolve particular artifacts
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 11:42:23 GMT
It's hard to tell what's wrong without further information.
Could you post for instance your ivysettings.xml and perhaps some relevant parts of the verbose
log (ant -v)

Maarten

________________________________
 From: Alan Richardson <alanr@lexmark.com>
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 4:47 PM
Subject: Re: Unable to resolve particular artifacts

But I want the cookie!

All works if I change it to "latest.integration", and even if I change it
to "latest.milestone", but neither is what I really want. Having a status
of "integration" means that it is till evolving and is the result of my
continuous , having a status of "milestone" means that is is somewhat more
stable (an iterative, internal release) but is not quite ready for public
consumption. Having a status of "release" means that version is fully ready
for public consumption. So I really want to control which version of a
dependency I get by whether I specify "integration", "milestone", or
"release" as the "latest" status. This way I don't have to be concerned
with what the version number actually is.

I still feel like there is some fundamental understanding of Ivy that I am
sorely missing. After a couple of months of experimentation, it feels to me
like it is quite temperamental; I make what I think are very subtle changes
and I get dramatically different results in ways that I really don't
expect. It is beginning to make me feel like my neurons are mutating into
morons.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated as I have many team members
that are dependent on this stuff working in a predictable manner.

alan