ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From TM <mocktu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new user: help with vfs resolver
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 16:14:32 GMT
On 07/05/2012 03:57 AM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> your syntax is wrong. When using -jar, no additional classpath can be added; actually,
everything after -jar in considered as arguments of the main java class, not the jvm. Tyr
this instead:

> java -cp ivy-2.3.0-rc1.jar:lib/commons-vfs-1.0.jar org.apache.ivy.Main -settings /path/to/ivysettings.xml

This gets past the error.  Thanks!

>> or else with
>>
>> `<classpath file="/path/to/commons-vfs-1.0.jar"/>`
>>
>> Does this provide any additional insight?
>
> did you try an absolute path ?
> I don't remember well, but I guess relative path in the ivysettings are relative the
the ivysettings.xml file.

Yes, both absolute path, and relative path with `${ivy.settings.dir}`.

I think the path is correct (otherwise, XmlSettingsParser throws a
FileNotFoundException).  But then I would expect this to be equivalent
to the above solution using `-cp`.

I'll try and look in the parser.

Thanks again for your help.