ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Sheeraz Junejo <junejo.shee...@gmail.com>
Subject How to find specific dependency configuration is in use?
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:17:36 GMT
Hi,

I have my *version.xml* in a project where I defined all the IVY
configurations and dependencies. I use ANT script to download and retrieve
artefacts and everything is OK so far.

What I am looking for is that in anyway I can find if certain configuration
is present in version.xml and some dependency is confgured to use it from
an ANT script, like check as I want to do some extra stuff if it is
configured other wise simply skip. For example my version.xml looks like as
follows;

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="
http://repository.temenosgroup.com/xsl/version-doc.xsl"?>
<ivy-module version="2.0" xmlns:e="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/extra">
    <info organisation="TEMENOS" branch="MAIN" module="StateEngine" />
    <!-- "war->compile(*)" this means the 'war' configuration depends on the
    'compile' configuration of the dependency and if the dependency is not
    found in 'compile' then use the 'default' (same as '*') config (usually
that is all dependencies) -->
    <configurations defaultconfmapping="test->test(*);compile->compile(*);*
componentDep->componentDep(*)*">
        <conf name="test" description="Test Time dependencies"/>
        <conf name="compile" description="Build Time dependencies"/>
*       <conf name="componentDep" description="To resolve component level
dependencies" />*
    </configurations>
    <publications>
    <artifact name="#SERVICE_NAME#" type="" ext="zip" />
    <artifact name="#SERVICE_NAME#" type="" ext="zip"
e:platform="#PLATFORM_WIN#" />
    <artifact name="#SERVICE_NAME#" type="" ext="zip"
e:platform="#PLATFORM_UNIX#" />
    </publications>
    <dependencies>
        <!-- Define Component Level Dependencies Below -->
        <dependency org="TEMENOS" branch="MAIN" name="StateMachine"
transitive="false" rev="latest-dev" conf="*componentDep*" >
            <artifact name="StateMachineService" ext="zip"
e:platform="#PLATFORM_WIN#" type="" conf="*componentDep*" />
            <artifact name="StateMachineService" ext="zip"
e:platform="#PLATFORM_UNIX#" type="" conf="*componentDep*" />
            <artifact name="StateMachineService" ext="zip" type=""
conf="componentDep" />
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

So, is there any target available within ANT like 'ivy:...' which can
return 'true' or 'false' some how tell me that there is a dependency which
is trying to use configuration called 'componentDep'? so that I can do my
extra stuff..otherwise skip. I do not want to parse the file myself within
ANT as this is not a very good idea.

*Note: I am using ANT 1.8.2 and IVY 2.2.0*
*
*
Hope I am making sense. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

--

Sjunejo