ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From bord <b...@iscp.telcordia.com>
Subject Re: help with TTL
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:32:53 GMT

Hey thanks Eyad,
Your reply had me reread the meaning of TTL at the ivy site and what you are
saying makes sense.
So, even though i have a TTL that just means i'm timing out reading from the
cache from a prior resolve.
But that then forces IVY to re-access repositories (and thus re-resolve as
from before).
But then i get the same result as before with my local repository "revision"
again having priority.
So, i'm basically just timing out the cache where I sorted of wanted to time
out the local repository org/mod/local_revision artifacts themselves or at
least not let them again have precedence.
Your suggestion on having "latest-time" as a strategy attribute is a bit in
the right direction.
I have to ensure that when i want a "3.0-r..." revision i dont instead
resolve to a later time "4.0-r..." revision.
Let me work with this some.
As you imply i might or might not be able to get what i want.
At worst our users might have to live with having to run a "clean-cache"
target to get rid of stale 3.0-rL (local repository) versions that are
stale.
cheers
bord