ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From bord <b...@iscp.telcordia.com>
Subject help with TTL
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:22:25 GMT

with apache ivy 2.2.0

would like to have two types of repositories.
an official one that publishes revisions  that look like 3.0-r456 (the -rNNN
is a subversion rev value)
and a local one the publishes revisions that look like 3.0-rL (or something
like this type of "changing" revision)

the local repository is to be in a  chain resolver ahead of the official one
for "local" builds.

all our ivy.xml dependencies use a "dynamic" revision to resolve to for
matching: 3.0-r+

we seem to have trouble making the local published ivy/artifacts abide by a
TTL value. i.e. we want to have local published stuff we able to timeout
after a couple days of inactivity.

but

every time we resolve in a local build we always get the 3.0-rL revision
from local repository even when TTL should have expired -- for eg 1ms

  <caches>
    <cache name="publicCache" basedir="${mse.ivy.cache.dir}">
      <ttl revision="3.0-r$L" duration="1ms" />
    </cache>
  </caches>

first we tried a changing revision for the local resolver:

 <filesystem name="local" checkmodified="true" changingPattern="3.0-rL"
changingMatcher="exact">
</filesystem>

then we tried above without changingPattern and changingMatcher and did not
help.

So, anyone know what it takes to do this?