ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Geoff Clitheroe <g.clithe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Who depends on me" report
Date Fri, 04 May 2012 06:18:36 GMT
Hi,

If your repo is on some *nix system and you have access to it then
read on - otherwise sorry!

The command below will find all projects that declare a dependency on
2.1.1 of the project delta-data-access beneath my repo dir
/work/maven/public_html/ivy/repo/publish/

If the dependency lines in the Ivy files aren't all in one line you
will have to do a little more work with adding context in grep.  Man
grep will help.

> grep -r --include=*.xml 'delta-data-access' /work/maven/public_html/ivy/repo/publish/*
| grep 'rev="2.1.1"'

output:

/work/maven/public_html/ivy/repo/publish/nz.org.geonet/delta-web/2.0.4/ivy-2.0.4.xml:		<dependency
org="nz.org.geonet" name="delta-data-access" rev="2.1.1"
conf="compile->master; runtime->runtime; provided->provided;
foride->sources"/>

etc.

Of course this only shows things that declare a dependency on
delta-data-access.  To check that the declared dependency is actually
used you would need to use Tattle Tale or similar.

Cheers,
Geoff