ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Borislav Kapukaranov <b.kapukara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGi feature and ivy configurations
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 07:42:31 GMT
>Ivy configurations are quite liberal, there is no predefined Ivy configuration. In Maven
>there
>are predefined configurations, that's why the rule you use work, as I guess you are >resolving
>against a Maven repo. Then in the OSGi environment, there is some notion of >configuration,
>but they completely different from the Maven ones [1].
>I guess that if you want a configuration in the OSGi world that would look like the >Maven
>one "compile", it would be the configuration "default".
>
>Nicolas
>
>[1] http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/osgi/osgi-mapping.html

Hi Nicolas

I'm resolving against an Ivy repo, not a Maven one. But I control this Ivy
repo and have published dependencies there with the configurations I need.
However I don't control the p2 repo.
If I use the 'default' configuration Ivy says it is unknown and can't be
extended. I tries extending it to match my current configuration
definitions.
Is the default configuration always available for dependencies pulled from
p2 repos?

Best Regards
Borislav