ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Zac Jacobson <pie....@gmail.com>
Subject Resolver name null check
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 19:58:05 GMT
According to this doc:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/settings/resolvers.html#common
the name attribute of the resolver is required.

Unfortunately for me for a day or so, Ivy does not error out (I'm using the
ant "install" task) when that attribute is missing from one of the
resolvers in my chain. Instead, it throws a NPE:

problem occurred while resolving dependency:
> org.springframework#spring-parent;3.1.1.RELEASE {} with null:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:432)
> at java.util.Properties.setProperty(Properties.java:161)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.core.cache.DefaultRepositoryCacheManager.saveResolvers(DefaultRepositoryCacheManager.java:437)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.core.cache.DefaultRepositoryCacheManager.originalToCachedModuleDescriptor(DefaultRepositoryCacheManager.java:1075)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.BasicResolver.cacheModuleDescriptor(BasicResolver.java:363)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.BasicResolver.getDependency(BasicResolver.java:309)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.IBiblioResolver.getDependency(IBiblioResolver.java:503)
> at
> org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.ChainResolver.getDependency(ChainResolver.java:104)

Enhancement request would be for that validation to happen and a nice
message be spit out instead of waiting for the NPE.

Thanks for a great tool!
Zac.