ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: OSGi feature and ivy configurations
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 17:28:31 GMT

Le 16 mai 2012 à 13:31, Borislav Kapukaranov a écrit :

> Hello Ivy team,
>
> I have a question about pulled down from p2 repositories dependencies and
> ivy configurations.
> I have an established build with Ant and Ivy which is set up against Ivy
> repositories. I have configured a set of ivy configurations for my
> dependencies and have published them in the repositories with these
> configurations.
>
> Now I saw the updatesite Ivy plugin and wanted to use it to pull
> dependencies from p2 repositories. The trouble is these dependencies from
> the p2 repositories came without Ivy configurations so I can't use them in
> my current setup. I have a compile conf that makes sure I compile my
> bundles only against dependencies marked with this compile configuration
> therefore my p2 dependencies are ignored.
>
> I wanted to ask how are dependencies from p2 repos meant to work with Ivy
> configurations?

Ivy configurations are quite liberal, there is no predefined Ivy configuration. In Maven there
are predefined configurations, that's why the rule you use work, as I guess you are resolving
against a Maven repo. Then in the OSGi environment, there is some notion of configuration,
but they completely different from the Maven ones [1].
I guess that if you want a configuration in the OSGi world that would look like the Maven
one "compile", it would be the configuration "default".

Nicolas

[1] http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/osgi/osgi-mapping.html