ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nick Cross <...@goots.org>
Subject Cache and Repository Resolution
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 14:06:39 GMT

Hi,

Ivy has successfully downloaded from the repository foo.zip. In that
same directory is the md5/sha checksums.

Does it download those?

Next, I know this shouldn't be happening but in this particular
scenario, the artifact zip on the repository has been regenerated (e.g.
think multiple x.x.x-SNAPSHOT versions) but Ivy does not seem to detect
it and download the new version.

If it was able to download first the md5 sum it could compare it to the
existing download to check whether to force a download but I guess it
doesn't/can't do that.

My ivy/ant is:

<ivysettings>
     <settings defaultResolver="default"/>

     <resolvers>
         <chain name="default" checkmodified="true" returnFirst="true">
            <url name="REPO1" m2compatible="true">
		<ivy pattern="https://..."/>
		<url pattern="https://..."/>
</ivysettings>

Ant build file:

  <ivy:resolve showprogress="false" transitive="false" >
             <dependency org="${builder-package}" name="${builder-name}"
rev="${builder-version}" changing="true">
                 <artifact name="${builder-name}" ext="zip"/>
             </dependency>
         </ivy:resolve>

         <ivy:retrieve symlink="true"
pattern="${basedir}/[artifact].[ext]"/>

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to manage this?

Thanks

Nick