ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: IvyDE seems to prefer artifacts in non-workspace-resolver over projects present in workspace
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 09:01:48 GMT

Le 14 mai 2012 à 22:38, Matt Hurne a écrit :

>> Maybe there are some transitive dependency which confuse the Workspace resolver.
See at the end of the doc:
>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/latest-milestone/cpc/workspace.html
>>
>>> In some setup, if you want to mix some resolver of your own and the workspace
resolver, and still want the transitive dependencies work nicely between them, you may want
to turn the resolve mode to dynamic:
>>>       • see the defaultResolveMode attribute of settings in the ivysettings.
>>>       • see the resolveMode attribute of module in the ivysettings.
>
> Yes, I had seen that before sending my original note to the list since
> it did seem relevant.  I added a <modules> element to the
> ivysettings.xml like:
>
> <modules>
>    <module organisation="com.company" name="*" resolveMode="dynamic"/>
> </modules>
>
> After doing so, IvyDE seemed unable to resolve a given project's
> dependencies at all, including projects in the workspace, even with an
> empty local repository.  I'm not sure what to make of that;

I don't either. Have you tried to set it on the "settings" element in the ivysettings ?

> to be
> honest, I don't really understand what difference it should have made.
> Any chance you can elaborate?

When you publish your artifacts into your local repository, Ivy does a "deliver" of the ivy.xml
of your project. If there is any range version in your dependencies, Ivy fix them as the one
resolved during the build. So the next time a resolve happens and that module is found in
you repository, Ivy will resolved the previously-resolved revision, the fixed one, not the
original range version. Setting the resolve mode to dynamic change this behavior; it will
use the range rather than the resolved version. Look at your ivy.xml in the local repository,
you'll see some extra attributes in your dependency, if you have any range version.

Nicolas