ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Mauri" <rma...@ariba.com>
Subject single ivy module publishing war and jar artifacts (war will contain the jar) - control the build order of published artifacts
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:21:05 GMT
Greetings

We have a single module publishing a war and a jar artifact.

We want the published jar artifact to be built first and the war
artifact next and containing the jar.

We find the order is sometimes wrong (the ordering in the publishes
section is not honored)

I see some alternatives and I'd like others to comment on their
recommendations.

a) Split into two modules with the war module depending on the jar
module

b) Keep sing module, but introduce an extra attribute like e:buildorder
representing the build order.

Then in the ant packaging target iterate over the list of artifacts in
order according to the buildorder.

Today we use:

        <ivy:info file="${basedir}/ivy.xml"/>

        <ac:propertyselector property="artifactids"
match="ivy\.artifact\.([0-9]+)\.name" select="\1"/>

Maybe the ivy.artifact... property will have the extra attribute and we
can sort ?

I like approach a) but my team doesn't .

Is there an example of doing this in a single module ?

Suggestions?

Thanks, Rich