ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From John Sutherland <JSutherl...@hemispheregps.com>
Subject Compiling/storing for multiple arch.
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 17:21:06 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm just starting out with Ivy, and I have a 'simple' project working. Now I'm starting to
complicate it, and unsure of which direction to go.

We're doing cross compiling of embedded C/C++ code, using a mix of Bamboo, Ant, CMake.. (Ant
handles the 'high level' interaction with Bamboo, CMake actually builds the lib/app)... In
order to help out with the dependencies between libraries and exes, we're attempting to introduce
Ivy..

So I have 2 projects, libA and ExeB... ExeB depends on A.. I have this case working with Ivy..
I can compile up libA, add the artifacts (headers and lib) into ivy, pull them down in ExeB
and compile ExeB.. I can do this for a single arch...

The problem I'm facing is how do I store things through Ivy, so that I can use multiple arch..
I need to compile a version of the lib for ARM, another for x86, etc.., and be able to use
that arch of the lib when I compile that arch of the exe.

I thought about using configurations, one configuration for each platform (x86, arm), but
that doesn't look like it'll work, because ivy expects all artifacts for every configuration
to be ready.. Thats not really feasible..

Maybe somehow using multiple resolvers and repos might work? Have one for arm, another for
x86..

Has anyone else in the Ivy world used Ivy in this manner, and if so, how did you solve this?

Thank you in advance,

John
Software Engineer
HemisphereGPS