ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Matt Hurne <m...@thehurnes.com>
Subject Re: windows vs linux paths in properties
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 18:52:07 GMT
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 2:27 PM, James Moore <james@restphone.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Jasper Floor <jasper.floor@m4n.nl> wrote:
>
>> This fails terribly in windows because of the /
>> The reason, obviously is that the / should be a \ in windows.\
>>

> That shouldn't be the problem; both \ and / are file separators in Windows
> and always have been.  There are some Windows tools that use / as something
> other than a file separator (like cmd), but that's a specific issue for
> that specific tool.

Jasper, can you be more specific about what behavior you see when
using forward slashes (/)?  Like the others, I double-checked and can
confirm that we are using forward slashes in <property> elements in
our ivysettings.xml on Windows without issue.  Notice the difference
though: you said you are having issues with the <properties> element,
not the <property> element that we are using them in without issue.
We are not currently using the <properties> element, but maybe I'll
try it when I get a chance.