ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Roger <roger.parkinso...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems moving artifacts from one repository to another
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 21:00:14 GMT
You probably need to take a look at the install command.

On 31/03/12 05:07, Jack Lund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to do something that seems like it should be easy, but I can't seem to find
a way to do it with Ivy. Basically, I want to copy an artifact from one repository to another,
"promoting" it in the process.

> In more detail, we have a build repository and a staging repository. Our continuous integration
server (Jenkins) pulls the source from SCM, builds it, and runs all unit tests and code coverage,
and then publishes it to the build repository. Once it does that, we want to be able to copy
the artifact from the build repo to the staging repo, changing the status from "integration"
to "milestone".

> This seems like it should be a fairly standard use case, but there doesn't seem to be
any good way to do it in Ivy. I've tried doing a retrieve followed by a publish, but in order
to do a retrieve, I need to specify the artifact as a dependency (in a different ivy.xml file),
and then the publish doesn't seem to work because it thinks it's trying to publish something
else. I've tried an install followed by a publish, but publish seems to need a resolve to
happen before it can publish.

> All of this seems way WAY too complicated. I'm just looking for a way to retrieve a latest.integration
revision of an artifact and republish it. Why is this so complicated? Am I missing something
essential here?