ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@writingshow.com>
Subject Re: 2 Questions for ivyIDE
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 18:11:28 GMT
On 3/20/2012 11:03 AM, David Sills wrote:
> I see that the Ivy way is better once you are using Ivy, but it's
> frustrating when I can't figure out how to publish sources in the first
> place....

Well, the way I'd look at it is that Eclipse allows you to define how
things are used in the scope of a project (or workspace) - the classpath
in Eclipse is metadata describing the organization of the project which
you store in the project.

On the other hand, Ivy allows you to generate things which may be used
outside of the specific project in which they were created by using the
publications element to create artifacts such as jars, sources, etc.

Alan