ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Doug Rohm" <DR...@NaviNet.net>
Subject Ivy Module - Repository Structure
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 21:26:01 GMT
Hello,
I should preface this question by stating that I'm using Ivy in a .NET
shop. I'm using Ant to make all of the Ivy calls and I've been having
very good success so far.

With that out of the way, my question pertains to the repository
structure for modules that have several different profiles (for lack of
a better term).  For example, the module I'm trying to setup in the
repository has been compiled against different versions of the .NET
platform.  The module in question is Castle.Core
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/castleproject/files/Core/2.5/Castle.Cor
e.2.5.2.zip).  This distribution has the following directory structure:

dotNet35/Castle.Core.dll
dotNet40ClientProfile/Castle.Core.dll
Silverlight3/Castle.Core.dll
Silverlight4/Castle.Core.dll

My ivysettings.xml file has the File Resolver setup as this:

		<filesystem name="fs.resolver" cache="nn.repo.cache">
			<ivy
pattern="${repository.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[shortRevision]/[revi
sion]/ivy.xml" />
			<artifact
pattern="${repository.dir}/[organisation]/[module]/[shortRevision]/[revi
sion]/[artifact].[ext]" />
		</filesystem>

At first, I thought configurations could be used for this, but didn't
make much progress.  If I add subdirectories in the repository will I
have to modify my artifact pattern in ivysettings.xml?

What is the recommended approach with Ivy to setting this module up?
What would the Ivy.xml file for this module look like?  How would the
ivysettings.xml file need to be modified for this?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Doug