ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From levan dvalishvili <lev...@youzgar.com>
Subject problem with building repository with namespaces, error: inconsistent module descriptor file found ...
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2012 23:58:06 GMT
Hi,

I am new to this mailing list so please excuse me if I break some rules
unintentionally, overtime I will get better at asking questions through the
mailing list.

 my problem is following:

Based on this tutorial:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/tutorial/build-repository.html
I am building my repository. I have modified ivy settings file from (build
repository ) tutorial a little bit and added chain instead of just one
resolver, and I got everything working,
To invoke ivy:install I am using a macro that I found on the internet and
modified a little bit  :

 <macrodef name="artcopy" description="A convenience macro definition to
transitively copy the artifact from the source repository to a target" >
        <attribute name="org"  description="the organisation (or group Id)"
/>
        <attribute name="name" description="the module name (or artifact
name Id)" />
        <attribute name="rev"  description="the revision (or the artifact
version Id)" />
        <attribute name="settings"  default="basic.settings" />

        <sequential>
            <ivy:install settingsRef="@{settings}"
                organisation="@{org}" module="@{name}" revision="@{rev}"
                from="${from.resolver}" to="${to.resolver}"
                transitive="true" overwrite="true" haltonfailure="true" />

        </sequential>
    </macrodef>

in my target I am invoking macro  following way :

 <artcopy org="org.springframework" name="spring-aop" rev="3.0.5.RELEASE" />
        <artcopy org="org.springframework" name="spring-asm"
rev="3.0.5.RELEASE" />
        <artcopy org="org.springframework" name="spring-aspects"
rev="3.0.5.RELEASE" />

everything works great with ivysettings.basic. but things get hairy with
ivysettings.advanced for some reason when I try to build advanced
repository I get following error:
after it starts up

*        :: commons-logging#commons-logging;1.1.1:
java.text.ParseException: inconsistent module descriptor file found in '
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.1/commons-logging-1.1.1.pom':
bad organisation: expected='commons-logging' found='apache'; *

*:::: ERRORS*
*        libraries: bad organisation found in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.1/commons-logging-1.1.1.pom:
expected='commons-logging' found='apache'*
I a attaching ivysettings files in this email

I realized there is something wrong with renaming inconsistent apache
projects but, cant figure out what is exactly going on to fix it.

thanks in advanced
Regards
Levan