ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jimmy Wan <ji...@indeed.com>
Subject Re: avoiding cleaning the cache all the time
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:59:54 GMT
In my experience, using changing =true has a non-trivial effect on
performance. Adding something like a timestamp to versions will fix this
problem for integration builds.
On Feb 20, 2012 5:33 PM, "Phil Clay" <pilf_b@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Use changing="true" on AppY's dependency on LibX.
>
> On Feb 19, 2012, at 7:46 PM, Sugar Bzzz <sugarbzzzz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have two projects: LibX and AppY, where AppY depends on LibX.
> >
> > I would like to establish the following workflow with Ivy:
> >  1) make some changes to LibX
> >  2) rebuild and publish the modified LibX using Ant+Ivy
> >  3) rebuild AppY using the modified LibX
> >  4) repeat (goto 1)
> >
> > This works the first time around (with a clean cache) but it doesn't
> work a
> > second time. When I rebuild AppY a second time around, it uses a cached
> > LibX from the first iteration of this workflow. The only way I can get
> the
> > latest LibX when building AppY after publishing LibX once already, is to
> > clean the Ivy cache and start over; but this takes a long time since all
> of
> > the dependencies of LibX need to be redownloaded. I want AppY to use the
> > latest LibY that I've built.
> >
> > How can I achieve this without having to clean the Ivy cache every time I
> > modify LibX?
> >
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
> > Here is how I have Ant and Ivy setup:
> >
> > in build.xml of LibX:
> >
> >  <target name="publish" depends="jar" description="--> publish LibX">
> >    <ivy:publish pubrevision="${LibX.version}" resolver="local"
> > overwrite="true">
> >      <artifacts pattern="${artifacts.dir}/[artifact].[ext]"/>
> >    </ivy:publish>
> >  </target>
> >
> > in ivy.xml of LibX:
> >
> > <ivy-module version="2.2">
> >    <info organisation="myorg" module="LibX"/>
> >    <publications>
> >        <artifact name="LibX" type="jar"/>
> >    </publications>
> >    <dependencies>
> >        <... several dependencies here ...>
> >    </dependencies>
> > </ivy-module>
> >
> > in build.xml of AppY:
> >
> >  <target name="resolve" description="--> retrieve dependencies">
> >    <ivy:retrieve/>
> >  </target>
> >
> > in ivy.xml of AppY:
> >
> > <ivy-module version="2.2">
> >    <info organisation="myorg" module="AppY"/>
> >    <dependencies>
> >        <dependency org="myorg" name="LibX" rev="latest.integration"/>
> >    </dependencies>
> > </ivy-module>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message