ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Sugar Bzzz <sugarbz...@gmail.com>
Subject avoiding cleaning the cache all the time
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 00:46:08 GMT
Hello,

I have two projects: LibX and AppY, where AppY depends on LibX.

I would like to establish the following workflow with Ivy:
  1) make some changes to LibX
  2) rebuild and publish the modified LibX using Ant+Ivy
  3) rebuild AppY using the modified LibX
  4) repeat (goto 1)

This works the first time around (with a clean cache) but it doesn't work a
second time. When I rebuild AppY a second time around, it uses a cached
LibX from the first iteration of this workflow. The only way I can get the
latest LibX when building AppY after publishing LibX once already, is to
clean the Ivy cache and start over; but this takes a long time since all of
the dependencies of LibX need to be redownloaded. I want AppY to use the
latest LibY that I've built.

How can I achieve this without having to clean the Ivy cache every time I
modify LibX?

Thanks.

Here is how I have Ant and Ivy setup:

in build.xml of LibX:

  <target name="publish" depends="jar" description="--> publish LibX">
    <ivy:publish pubrevision="${LibX.version}" resolver="local"
overwrite="true">
      <artifacts pattern="${artifacts.dir}/[artifact].[ext]"/>
    </ivy:publish>
  </target>

in ivy.xml of LibX:

<ivy-module version="2.2">
    <info organisation="myorg" module="LibX"/>
    <publications>
        <artifact name="LibX" type="jar"/>
    </publications>
    <dependencies>
        <... several dependencies here ...>
    </dependencies>
</ivy-module>

in build.xml of AppY:

  <target name="resolve" description="--> retrieve dependencies">
    <ivy:retrieve/>
  </target>

in ivy.xml of AppY:

<ivy-module version="2.2">
    <info organisation="myorg" module="AppY"/>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency org="myorg" name="LibX" rev="latest.integration"/>
    </dependencies>
</ivy-module>