ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From leopardy <florisalc...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't publish artifact without resolving first?
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2012 06:23:54 GMT

I'm trying to publish a plain old text file to local maven repository using
Ivy. I receive an "ivy file not found in cache" and "please resolve
dependencies before publishing" error and it appears as if I am expected to
resolve before publishing. I don't need to resolve. I already have my text
file and just need to put it in local maven repository .m2. Can I do this
with Ivy?

I've been all over the web and ivy home pages trying to find this. I am new
to Ivy and it could just be I don't understand the process well enough. Not
sure if this is the way to go but I read in one site someone was trying to
build a test jar filled with files and then they would somehow publish this
and resolve was used in this case but the details were sketchy and I didn't
really understand how to resolve in this case.