ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Richard Mauri" <rma...@ariba.com>
Subject RE: ivy (2.3) and osgi
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:38:59 GMT
So is this statement from ivy trunk docs misleading/wrong or ?

"You can also declare in your ivy.xml some OSGi dependency,
like a Require-Bundle, an Import-Package or an Import-Service, miming
an OSGi MANIFEST.MF."

My takeaway from this thread so far is that we must duplicate and invent some ad-hoc mapping
between ivy and bnd files.

Is it clear to anyone?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Goblirsch [mailto:dgoblirsch@interactivebrokers.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:08 AM
To: ivy-user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: ivy (2.3) and osgi

Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
> Le 27 janv. 2012 à 19:33, jerome.moliere@gmail.com a écrit :
>

>> Hi richard
>> I set up a platform with about 350 bundles ...
>> I use plain ivy and I duplicated part from the meta information into bnd files to
let ant generate the bundles using bnd task...
>> It has some overhead but it s clean and works nice
>>

> good to hear !
>
> Nicolas

I would like to not duplicate meta data in bnd template file if possible.

I already have rev information in my ivy file, so it would be nice if that
info could make it into the osgi manifest, e.g., OSGi version ranges in the
Import-Package:  based on the ivy rev attribute patterns.
E.g., have dependencies like commons-lang [2.6,3[, slf4j-api [1.6.3,)
get turned into properly structured OSGi version syntax.

Is this possible?