ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: ivy (2.3) and osgi
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 18:19:41 GMT

Le 31 janv. 2012 à 18:38, Richard Mauri a écrit :

> So is this statement from ivy trunk docs misleading/wrong or ?
>
> "You can also declare in your ivy.xml some OSGi dependency,
> like a Require-Bundle, an Import-Package or an Import-Service, miming
> an OSGi MANIFEST.MF."
>
> My takeaway from this thread so far is that we must duplicate and invent some ad-hoc
mapping between ivy and bnd files.

For my point of view, and it is just mine, and it could probably change from your input because
I don't have much experience with managing OSGi dependencies. The workflow should be the following
one:
* declare manually some dependencies in the ivy.xml so build a classpath. These dependencies
can be declared in the standard ivy way, while targeting an usual ivy/maven repository, or
declared in an OSGi way while targeting an OBR.
* then ivy download stuff and build a classpath of bundles; with that classpath you can build
you project, or even run the unit tests
* and with this classpath, bnd (with probably some little help of a bnd file) should be able
to generate a MANIFEST.MF so you can produce a bundle of your project.

If I'm missing something, please let me know.

Nicolas

> Is it clear to anyone?

to let ant generate the bundles using bnd task...