ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jefferson Magno Solfarello <jmagno...@gmail.com>
Subject Avoid full build
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2011 13:11:02 GMT
Hi guys,

I am working on a multi-project build using Ant and Ivy.

He have basically three types of projects:
* Java libraries, with .jar artifacts
* Web projects, with .war artifacts
* EAR projects, with .ear artifacts

Some project depend on others.

When a change is commited to our repository, we start a full build of the
projects. I am using the task <ivy:buildlist> to call the build of the
projects in appropriate order. On the <ivy:publish> I have
forcedeliver="true" and overwrite="true".

Using this approach, everything is built again, right?

Is there a way to build only the projects that changed and the projects
dependent of them?

Or, how to determine if the contents of a Jar, War or Ear file is the same,
to avoid re-building it?

Thanks for any suggestion

Jefferson