ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Ivy 2.1.0 download link
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2011 19:30:37 GMT

Le 13 déc. 2011 à 20:13, Leah Burman a écrit :

> It's a security process, not a webproxy/technical issue.  I was
> approved to download from that particular URL the 2.1.0 release.  By
> the time the approval came through the 2.2.0 was released and the
> 2.1.0 links were no longer available on that URL.  Starting the
> process again to get 2.2.0 from the links may run into the same issue,
> as it takes months.  I've tried to effect change in the process but
> right now using a 2.1.0 link from the main download is my only option.
> Otherwise I will not be able to use Ivy.

We cannot promise you that the ivy download page will list a particular version for an enough
long period of time; and the 2.1 as already disappeared.

Instead, you can safely rely on that url: http://archive.apache.org/dist/ant/ivy/

Every artifact published by the ASF is archived forever on archive.apache.org, and that url
will probably never change. Apache archives are not mirrored (too huge) and thus it would
not support to be linked on main download pages.

And this is true for every Apache project, so if you can get the approval of any page under
http://archive.apache.org/dist/, we can get access at every Apache project artifact.

hoping it helps,
Nicolas