ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Advice for managing large-scale OSGI repository for data analysis
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 23:08:14 GMT

Le 10 nov. 2011 à 21:38, David Goblirsch a écrit :

> Marcel Bruch wrote:
>> Hi ivy-users,
>>
>> we are currently setting up a large code repository for OSGI bundles. Goal of this
work is to create recommendations models for Eclipse Code Recommenders intelligent code completion,
code search, and extdocs platform (see http://eclipse.org/recommenders and http://code-recommenders.blogpost.com
for details). The OSGI bundles will be collected from public available Eclipse Update Sites
and should be stored locally using a Maven/Ivy like directory structure. After the sites have
been copied, several analyses will be run to extract information such as frequent usage patterns,
common code snippets etc.

>> I just learned that since 2.3. Ivy has support for dealing with OSGI dependencies
such as import packages etc. which is really big news! Since documentation is a bit rare yet,
I'd like to ask you for little information what can be done with Ivy 2.3:

>> 1. Is it supported to copy/mirror an Eclipse P2 repository into a local Ivy repository?
>> 2. Is there a simply way to create an Ivy file from an existing OSGI-bundle manifest?
>> 3. How well is resolving OSGI dependencies supported? Are there any known limitations
I should be aware?

>> Thanks a lot,
>> Marcel
>>

> is there a release plan for ivy 2.3 ? IvyDE 2.2 ?

There has been no discussion about doing a release on the dev list. Nothing planed.

About IvyDE, speaking only for myself, I think we should do one soon. I'll to suggest to the
developer community to do a beta release once some few tasks will be accomplished (change
the setup of the eclipse updatesite, some doc and do some basic functionally wide testing).

Nicolas