ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From David Goblirsch <dgoblir...@interactivebrokers.com>
Subject Re: Advice for managing large-scale OSGI repository for data analysis
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 20:38:01 GMT
Marcel Bruch wrote:
> Hi ivy-users,
>
> we are currently setting up a large code repository for OSGI bundles. Goal of this work
is to create recommendations models for Eclipse Code Recommenders intelligent code completion,
code search, and extdocs platform (see http://eclipse.org/recommenders and http://code-recommenders.blogpost.com
for details). The OSGI bundles will be collected from public available Eclipse Update Sites
and should be stored locally using a Maven/Ivy like directory structure. After the sites have
been copied, several analyses will be run to extract information such as frequent usage patterns,
common code snippets etc.

> I just learned that since 2.3. Ivy has support for dealing with OSGI dependencies such
as import packages etc. which is really big news! Since documentation is a bit rare yet, I'd
like to ask you for little information what can be done with Ivy 2.3:

> 1. Is it supported to copy/mirror an Eclipse P2 repository into a local Ivy repository?
> 2. Is there a simply way to create an Ivy file from an existing OSGI-bundle manifest?
> 3. How well is resolving OSGI dependencies supported? Are there any known limitations
I should be aware?

> Thanks a lot,
> Marcel

is there a release plan for ivy 2.3 ? IvyDE 2.2 ?