ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Dooms Bart <bart.do...@vito.be>
Subject why is the online resolve added -caller to ivy.module?
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:00:42 GMT
Hi,

Does anybody know why the inline resolve adds -caller to the ivy.module before resolving?
This is the reason why my ivy:publish fails or publish a wrong module.

I'm working with Ivy, with several repositories which follow all other artifacts/ivy patterns.

So I'm using the inline="true" attribute to resolve some modules. After the resolve I want
to publish it to a local repository where I can make my changes.

However I have noticed that there is BIG difference in the generated resolved file in the
cache in inline="true".

1.)    In case I use <ivy:resolve file="ivy-[module]-[revision].xml />
Resolving is done with:
ivy.module = [module]
ivy.revision = [revision]

In the cache dir the following files are found
resolved-[Organisation]-[module]-[revision].xml
resolved-[Organisation]-[module]-[revision].properties

And I can publish this [module] to my local Repository
This solution is not working for my because I have to change my build.xml file for every module
which is respecting another artifacts/ivy pattern.

2.)    In case I use <ivy:resolve inline="true" organisation="[organisation]" module="[module]"
revision="[revision]" />
Resolving is done with:
ivy.module = [module]-caller
ivy.module = working

In the cache dir the following files are found
resolved-[Organisation]-[module]-caller-working.xml
resolved-[Organisation]-[module]-caller-working.properties

And I cannot publish the [module] to my local Repository.
I can however publish [module]-caller, but this is another module!!!!
How can I publish [module];[revision]???

Thanks for any tips, trics or solutions

Gr

Bart Dooms
VITO - Flemish Institute for Technological Research
TAP - Centre for Remote Sensing and  Earth Observation Processes
Boeretang 200, B-2400 Mol - Belgium
tel     + 32 14 33 67 26
fax     + 32 14 32 27 95
email   bart.dooms@vito.be<mailto:bart.dooms@vito.be>
web     http://www.vito.be<http://www.vito.be/>

Uniting expertise from different fields of technology enhances the development of innovative
methods for sustainable production.
Join the third edition of the international congress 'Innovation for Sustainable Production
2012'
May, 6-9, 2012 - Bruges (Belgium)
http://www.i-sup2012.org
---
This e-mail, any attachments and the information it contains are confidential and meant only
for the use of the addressee(s) only.  Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the addressee(s)
is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended addressee (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), you may not use, copy, distribute or deliver to anyone this message
(or any part of its contents) or take any action in reliance on it.  In such case, you should
destroy this message and notify the sender immediately.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail or telephone and delete the e-mail from any
computer.
All reasonable precautions have been taken to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail
and its attachments.  As our company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising
from the use of this e-mail or attachments we recommend that you subject these to your virus
checking procedures prior to use.