ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Philip Yurchuk <yur...@yahoo.com>
Subject transitive excludes
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 03:16:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Ivy and was wondering if this is possible. I have a dependency on A. A is dependent
on B and several other modules. I don't want B or anything else it depends on. I do want the
rest of A's dependencies, though.

So far, I can see no way to accomplish this in Ivy. If I add an <exclude> tag for B,
it excludes B *only* - B's dependencies are still included. I can see this by both the jars
that are included and the Ivy report. I need a way to set transitive=false (or would that
be true?) on the exclude for B so its dependencies are also excluded.

I've tried moving the exclude tag to come after the dependencies and I made sure the org and
module attributes were set. Didn't help. My friends using Maven say Maven does what I'm trying
to do normally. Any way to make Ivy do the same?

Thanks,
Philip